Is it almost your “birth” day? Not your birthday, but “time to birth your baby” day. Perhaps it’s time to come in for a ”birth”day massage and check out of that waiting game for awhile. We’ve regularly encouraged our mamas-to-be to schedule massage on or about their due date and over the years, they’ve helped us realize they need a little extra time on the table and some special techniques. Here’s another new addition to our service menu:
“Birth” Day Massage
Is your guess date here? Or come and gone and no sign of baby? (But your loved ones are calling and texting
incessantly for an update!) It’s time for 90minutes of quiet time to help get you relaxdeeply and get ready for the pending transition. We will work with you to design this session for whatever your current needs are — blending deep relaxation massage, deep tissue massage to release muscle tension, aromatherapy and any of the specialized techniques below. This is special time for you to turn down the volume on the “waiting game”, check in with your baby and your body, and let your mind go quiet.
- Special aromatherapy blends for deep relaxation, as well as for promoting terine contractions. We use high quality lavender, clary sage, as well as, at your request, exquisite Bulgarian rose oil and jasmine absolute.
- Acupressure. We’re happy to teach you some of our favorite acupressure points to help a sluggish labor get moving, as well as a few for pain relief.
- Cranio-Sacral Therapy (not with all massage therapists)
- Visualization and hypnotherapy scripts.
- Spinning Babies. Baby needs to be in an optimal position to really settle into the pelvis. We can help you make sure you are adding some of the basic Spinning Babies maternal positioning techniques to give baby more opportunity to find his/her optimal position.
90minutes, $130. **(Rose and jasmine are an extra add-on cost of $10).**